Frequently Asked Questions
- Mentor (Member)
- Startup (Member)
- Business Consultant (Member)
- Existing Startup (Non member)
- Mentor (Non Member)
- Certificate Course
What is ICAI Startup Gateway?
The ICAI Startup Gateway is an initiative by Committee on MSME & Startup of ICAI to promote entrepreneurship and thereby facilitate practical application of knowledge for public use. ICAI aims to coordinate, synergise and leverage the various strands of excellence driving innovation and entrepreneurship & wishes to facilitate the creation of ideas and inventions that benefits society.
ICAI Startup Gateway facilitates the networking between the business consultants of the ICAI and startups through the portal startup.icai.org
What is a Startup under the Startup India Scheme?
An entity shall be considered as a Startup:
- If it is incorporated as a private limited company or registered as a partnership firm or a limited liability partnership in India
- Upto ten years from the date of its incorporation/registration
- If its turnover for any of the financial years since incorporation/registration has not exceeded INR 100 Crores
- If it is working towards innovation, development or improvement of products or processes or services, or if it is a scalable business model with a high potential of employment generation or wealth creation.
Note: An entity formed by splitting up or reconstruction of a business already in existence shall not be considered a ‘Startup’.
How can I register on this portal?
Both Members & Non Members can register on this portal by filling specified forms for the services they want to avail or provide on the portal.
Please go through the following links:-
- Register as Mentor- Register
- Register as Business Consultant- Register
- Register as Investor- Register
- Apply for Startup Incubation Facilities- Register
How can a Startup connect with Mentor, Investor, Business Consultant?
Any startup can register with us on the portal and connect with Mentor, Investor, Business Consultant.
Click here to register – Register
Can a Non Member of ICAI register on this portal?
Non Member of ICAI can also register on this Portal as Existing Startup, Mentor & Investor.
Eligibility to avail Incubation facility with ICAI?
- Startup ventures having at least one of the Director/ Co-founders as an active member of ICAI and which are registered entities (incorporated as Private limited company under Companies Act 2013 or registered as LLP under the Limited Liability Partnership Act 2008) and have developed initial prototype or validated their product/services in the market with some initial customer base. This condition for incorporation as company under Companies Act 2013 or registered as LLP under the Limited Liability Partnership Act 2008 may be relaxed for recently passed out members, provided they incorporate their startup within 3 months of Incubation at ICAI Incubation Centres.
For Pre-Incubation, Applicants should only be a member of ICAI having an idea which can be converted into a startup venture.
- If any of the Director/Cofounders is an employee of Government shall be granted incubation only upon submission of “No Objection Certificate” from the competent authority.
- If IP of any other organisation or institution is involved, NOC from the said organisation or Institution should be obtained.
If there is anyone/ team who has worked on the IP and if any of them is not part of the startup, an NOC shall be obtained from such members for usage of the IP in the startup.
*Startup means the startup defined under Gazette notification no. GSR 364(E) dated 23rd May, 2017 and revised thereafter from time to time issued by Ministry of Commerce & Industry, department of Industrial Policy & Promotion.
How ICAI Startup Gateway function?
At this Portal Startups, Mentors, Investors & Business Consultants will register themselves and startup Company can choose Mentors, Investors & Business Consultants as per their requirements. Also Startup who need incubation facility at ICAI; online application for the same will be accepted through this portal.
What is DPIIT recognition for Startup?
Under the Startup India initiative, eligible companies can get recognised as Startups by DPIIT, in order to access a host of tax benefits, easier compliance, IPR fast-tracking, Rebate in IPR & many more.
Whom to contact for any Query/Problem?
Committee on MSME and Startup
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
ICAI Bhawan, Plot No. A-29, Sector-62 NOIDA – 201309, India
Government Schemes for Startups?
There are many government schemes for Startups; to find out go to Resource Library where you may find government schemes of all State Governments and Central Government.
Committee on MSME and Startups?
The Committee on MSME and Startups is one of the non-standing committee of ICAI constituted in the year 2021 to promote the MSMEs & Startups by way of encouraging collaboration amongst the professionals/experts in the relevant fields and establishing the bridge among the appropriate authority & MSMEs/Startups by means of various endeavours in Capacity Building & other Measures for them.
Copyright © 2020 ICAI. All rights reserved.